Monday, July 29, 2013

Book Review: Moving Day

I love when I get to spend time reading with my kids.  Recently I got Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Moving Day from the library with the intention of reading it with Sidda.  When I started reading to her MJ decided to join in to.  They both loved the story and are excited that we are starting on the next book.  But let me tell you a little about Allie Finkle.


Allie Finkle just started fourth grade.  And now she has just found out that her family is moving to another part of town so that her parents can be closer to work.  For Allie and her brothers this means new house, new school and new friends.

Allie doesn't want to move.  She likes her house and her room.  And her rock collection that she keeps on the floor of her closet.  If they move she has to get rid of her collection!

But at the same time Allie has started having problems with her best friend Mary Kay.  After Allie accidently spills the beans about moving to a classmate on Mary Kay's birthday, she has stopped being Allie's friend.

Allie is determined to be a better friend so she starts her book of rules.  It's a book that Allie writes to keep track of the rules of friendship and as she discovers them on the way.

Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Moving Day by Meg Cabot is a fun book that was right up the alley of my 7  and 5 years olds.  I found it entertaining and often laughed right along with the kids through Allie's adventures. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to sit down and read an easy entertaining book for kids.