Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What's for Dinner?- Roast Chicken

Last night I made roast chicken.  Out of a whole chicken!  And not to brag or anything but it turned out awesome!

I usually just throw a whole chicken in my crock pot to make shredded chicken to freeze.  That way I always have some ready to put in casseroles or enchiladas or whatever.  But this time I wanted to do something else.  You know actually cook it to eat right away, not to save for later.


So here is what I did.  I put my oven on 375 and while it was preheating I mixed some butter with parsley, salt and pepper.  I put some of it under the skin on top over the breasts, and then poured the rest on top over all the skin.  Then I put it in the oven for 40 minutes.  After it beeped I turned up the oven to 450 and let it cook for another 30 minutes.  And it was beautiful!  It smelled so good and made a wonderful dinner!