Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Freezer Burritos

I love burritos.  No one in my family loves burritos as much as I do.  So I almost never make them for dinner.  But there is a way for me to be able to dine on burrito awesomeness homemade freezer burritos.  




I just grabbed some ingredients that I had on hand:

1 lb ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 burrito seasoning packet
1 can re fried beans
1 can of corn drained
shredded cheese
tortillas


Brown the meat



Oops, I almost forgot about my onion!  I usually add it at the same time as the meat.


drain meat and add corn and refried beans and seasoning packet with water.


Mix it all together and let simmer


Put it on to tortillas, add cheese and fold it up



It's Yummy!


Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and put in a bag with the date marked.  Put in freezer when cool.

Now I ended up making 8 huge burritos.  You can make smaller ones.  You can add or omit ingredients as desired.  You can store in the freezer for up to 6 months.  I actually made these about a month ago.  I had one for lunch today and it reminded me to write it up!  I microwave mine for abput 3 minutes.  It makes sure that it is heated all the way through which could probably be done at 2 minutes but I love my food HOT.  My husband says that I like it to be on fire.  I just like my hots hot and my colds cold.  Not so much for the in the middle.