Wednesday, July 24, 2013

150 Days of Psalms: Psalm 15



You can read Psalm 15 here.

Can you hang with God?

I want to.  I really find that God is awesome but I know that if I'm not doing what is right I won't be in his presence the way I desire to be.

What does God ask of us?  We learn in Mark 12 that we are to love God and love others.  Seems simple enough, right?  But we fail in this daily.

In this Psalm it says that those who speak truth and do not slander are among those who will not be shaken.  But how often do you find yourself speaking badly about anyone?  The driver who cut you off?  Gossiping?  Anything that speaks ill of anyone else- whether truth or not?

I know that I am guilty of this at times.  And when I do these things I am not honoring God because I am not loving others.  And I think that this is something I need to be reminded of daily.  Love others.

This Psalm also says that we must keep our oath even if it hurts.  Wow.  Keep your promises.  If you say that you are going to do something, do it.

These things seem so simple and yet we as a human race are sinful, lazy people and just don't do these things.  We need to take the steps to make a conscious effort to put our focus outwards on God and others and will find our relationship with God flourish.