Thursday, July 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Belong

Five Minute Friday

To read what Five Minute Friday is all about click here.

Belong... has so much meaning for such a small word.  There are so many times in my life that I felt like I didn't belong.  Like I was just faking it.

There are times when I felt like I didn't belong with the group of friends that I hung out with in high school.  Times when I felt like I didn't belong in places I was.  In jobs I was in.  Many things.

We want to belong and be loved.  There are so many times when I am standing in a group of people and think "I just don't belong here..."  And it's mostly my insecurities.  I don't think that people really like me sometimes.  I feel like I just don't know where I fit in.

But I'm reminded of a song.  Goes perfect with this.  It's Where I belong by Building 429.

The chorus says:

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world but give me Jesus
This is not where I belong.

How true is that?  Maybe I feel so out of place sometimes because I don;t really belong here.  I have a job to do while I'm here and that's ok because one day I'll be home where I do belong.  That gives me hope.  That makes me happy.