Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bible Journaling: Psalm 19:14

Anger and bitterness can seep into our lives and take over our minds. When unexpected life troubles come the first thing damaged is our minds. The thoughts and feelings that we hold can suddenly become so negative that there is no escape from the pain that we continue to hold one to.

But there is a choice to change the way we think. It comes with a concentration on God's word and his presence in life. Learning how to be grateful for the good and moving past the bad as it comes. 

When I find myself in a spiral of negative thinking it effect my entire day and spreads out to others around me. It changes the dynamic of the day. But I have to change my mind. It takes practice but I have been learning how to change the way I look at the world. I purposely seek out good thoughts and great memories to change how my day flows. I concentrate on the words I say to be uplifting and encouraging instead of a downpour of negativity.


What can help is remembering that God is here and to look at this verse:
          "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
                   by pleasing in your sight,
                   Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
                                                                  -Psalms 19:14

If my thoughts are surrounded by anger or bitterness or sadness they are not pleasing to God. My thoughts effect my words and my prayers and if they're anchored in negativity I'm doing a disservice to everyone, my family, God and myself. Instead I'm trying to stick to a positive outlook and view the good and be the good on hopes that my words and prayers will be pleasing to God.