Monday, February 13, 2017

Bible Journaling: 1 Corinthians 14:33

There are moments in life that feel like they're full of chaos. We all need some peace. When I am able to focus I can remember who is the best way to peace. God is that.

1 Corinthians 14:33 says: "for God is not a God of disorder but of peace."


The context of the verse is when people come together for teaching and community worship. God will send messages and more than one person may speak, but it is not a time for everyone to talk at once and in a constant stream. It is time for learning from those who are teaching. It is not a time for chaos, but for peace.

And I believe that this is the same in my life. 

When I feel like I am being called all different ways and my mind is going a million miles and I haven't stopped moving in what feels like years I remember God's peace. I focus on Him and what he has done in my life. I remember where he has calmed me, slowed me down and changed my ways of thinking. 

And I know that he can do it again. 

It doesn't make the chaos disappear but it makes it easy to handle. With my mind at ease and God on my side I can take on anything.

Where do you go when life gets crazy?