Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bible Journaling: Philippians 4:8

Philippians 4:8 is a verse that sticks with me all the time. Mainly because I have a hard time keeping my mind in a positive place. I am someone who will let things get to me and just pull me down into a hole that is hard to crawl out of. 

Because of this, I spend a lot of time fighting my own mind. I have to remember to take my runaway thoughts and let them go and think of better things.


And to help me with this I turn to Philippians 4:8 which says "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think of such things."

I know that I have to think on the good. Because there is so much good. And when I get into a thought funk I will miss it. It will just pass me by. And so I actively work on keeping my mind focused on the "true, right, noble, pure, lovely, excellent and praiseworthy"- it really helps make my days better. And it keeps me focused more on God and not myself.