I finished off 2019 reading 59 books. I was pretty excited. I am also excited that I have been keeping it updated on the blog. It great to have a place to look back at the books I have been reading. I also keep track through Goodreads. I am weirdly diligent about it. I have been keeping track of my books on Goodreads since 2010.
This is the second time that I have read Pride and Prejudice and it is growing on me. I have still yet to see any of the movies based on the books but I do enjoy the novel. I read it for a paper for one of my classes last semester, like I read it for another paper a year ago. I didn't think I was a fan of Jane Austen, but I think I am slowly turning into one. Austen just plain knew how to write people. Read it.
Yes, it is another Sophie Kinsella novel. I kind of got on a roll this year with rereading through her novels. This is one of my favorites. In The Undomestic Goddess, we get to know Samantha Sweeting, top lawyer, waiting to be partner in her firm. But, suddenly everything goes wrong and Samantha finds herself no longer a lawyer and now a housekeeper. And she has no idea how to be a housekeeper. Totally worth reading again, for probably the 10th time.
I received this novel for Christmas. I had it on my future read list for a long time and I finally got a chance to read it. It was not my favorite book I've read. It more on just the ok side. I think I really gave it a chance because I remember my days as a stay at home mom, and the isolation and difficulties that came along with the job. I felt for the protagonist. But overall, I think there was a lot of poor storytelling that leaned a lot on jokes about needing a drink of this or that to get through the day. I don't think I'll be revisiting this novel.
This Kinsella novel is good. It's fun and silly. It has footnotes like a textbook. Read it because you can.







No comments:
Post a Comment