Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goals

Every year I set goals for things I would like see happen or have accomplished during the upcoming year. While I don't always seem to be able to complete all of them, having something in mind to strive for is always helpful for me as I go through my year. I try to focus more on having goals than having resolutions. Resolutions from the new year always have the feeling negativity for me. The goals that I set are more of something to look forward to giving me the encouragement to complete them.

When I look back at my goals from last year (which you can see here) I am able to see all that I have been able to accomplish.

I exceeded my reading goal of the year (this helped that I was back in school and one class required me to read 9 different books).

I was able to write 28 blog posts, which isn't much over the course of a year, but I'm so happy for every one that I was able to sit down and write.

I was able to date my husband a lot. Michael and I spend time together and it's a great joy to be with him and see how much we've grown in just the last couple of years. I even was able to crochet the blanket I've been promising him for forever.


We also were able to finish Dragon Age: Inquisition. Throughout this year we went back and played all the other Dragon Ages and are currently back in the middle of Inquisition. It's just some easy fun that we can have together.

I also spent everyday reflecting on what was good about that day and I wrote it down. I have a notebook full of good things that happened everyday for the last year. I needed it to remind me that no matter what kind of day I have there is always something good. It helped with my focus and perspective on my life. There is always good happening I just can't let the bad stand in the way of it.

This year it's time to set my new goals. I have some things I want to see happen throughout this year for me and my family. So, here they are:


  1. Read 24 Books
  2. Drink 100 oz of water everyday
  3. Bible Journaling once a month
  4. Blog posts 2 times a month
  5. Try one new recipe every month
  6. Do a project with Michael
  7. Paint master bedroom and bathroom
  8. Go on a date with each of my kids
  9. Go on an anniversary vacation
  10. Take a trip to the San Diego Zoo
This list is shorter than the ones I've made in the past. Many of my goals are to spend time with my family and be healthier. My hope is that this year I will be able to cross every item off this list by December 31, 2017. 

You can always see my goals for this year and years past by clicking the Goals Tab at the top of the page, I try to keep it updated after I complete it,

What are your goals for this upcoming year? Do you have big plans or fun ideas? Share them with me, I would love to know!