Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Casting Crowns Concert

I know it's been a minute since I've been on the blog. Life just kind of happened and it got put on the back burner. I made the decision to go back to school after a decade long sabbatical. I've been extremely busy with life and when I added school on top of it I just found myself without energy to get on the blog. I want to get back into the habit of writing on here again. I know it's been pretty sporatic over the last couple of years but I'm trying to at least be on here a couple times a month, preferably once a week.

But that's not what I wanted to share today. In September Michael and I were able to see Casting Crowns in concert and it was amazing! We were gifted awesome seats by my mom and the concert happened to fall on the weekend of our sixteenth year anniversary. 16 years! That's crazy. We had a full weekend.

On Friday night we packed up the kids and made our way out of town to California so we could spend Saturday at the beach.


I didn't get too many pictures of the day, but I did get this one of Anya playing in the sand. I was too busy spending time to take pictures. The view was great and the waves were high. Sidda and MJ loves playing in the water. We had lunch on the beach and then it was time to make the drive back home.

Then Sunday night Michael and I headed to the Casting Crowns concert. We hadn't been to a concert in more than a year and it was a great night out. The opener was Matt Maher and I found a new favorite song from him. You can listen to it here. It's called Firelight. Make sure you take a few minutes to check it out.

Here are some pictures I got at the concert.






I loved getting to be here and get to listen to so many songs that I've loved for years live. This is a group of amazingly talented performers and they did not disappoint. I'm hoping to get to see them again one day.