Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Bible Journaling: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

In a world full of negative everything to have a reminder to look for the good in life is a great thing. It's so easy to be caught up in where everything is wrong or unfair or awful. When we do this we miss out on all the good that is around.

To find at least one good thing every single day has been a goal that I've had for myself for 2016. I started on January 1st and every single morning I have reflected on the day before and picked out at least one good thing that happened the day before. I too easily will focus on anything that makes me unhappy or my life difficult  but to take a moment to find at least one good thing has helped change my perspective this year. That, even in moments of difficulty or frustration, there is something good in each and everyday. And that one thing is something to be thankful for.

Doing this has also enabled me to view life in a more positive way. And for me that's the best part, to be able to see things in a better light and realize it's not all so bad.

Which brings me to this verse: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


The verse states: "Rejoice always, pray continuously, give thanks in all circumstances; for that is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

There will always be difficult times. There will always be reasons to be upset and angry. But more so, there are always things to be thankful for, to rejoice over. How wonderful is it to be able to pray to God and be thankful for something everyday instead of lamenting about what is not right! 

And now I'm grateful for my list. It has nearly 11 months of good things that I can look back on to remind me that there is good in everyday. It's exactly what I need.