Thursday, September 15, 2016

Our Fancy Home Cooked Dinner

Michael and I have never really cooked together. Sure we've made some dinners together but it consisted of "Hey, wanna chop this for me, real quick?".

But a few weeks ago we had a weekend to ourselves and decided it would be fun to plan and cook a full meal together at home.

I got this cookbook from the library.


This has to be my new favorite cookbook. After I return it to library I'm going to have to buy myself an actual copy for home use. Gordon Ramsey is awesome!

We wanted dinner and dessert. Both witch we found in this book.


For dinner we had a roasted chicken with chorizo, bean and sundried tomato stuffing. (This was the most delicious stuffing I've ever had in my life. There was not enough of it. Thinking of it now makes me want to make this dinner all over again.) Along with a side of roasted asparagus.

We drank our fancy root beer out of bottles, because that's how we rock it!

Also, like the lantern? We went to IKEA that morning for the first time ever and found that lantern and loved it. It's awesome.

But check out this dessert!


Chocolate tarts topped with peanut brittle. We made peanut brittle. These were so rich and indulgent and awesome. And we have made them again for family since.

And what's a fancy dinner without getting a little dressed up?


It was one of my favorite weekends recently. I got to spend a ton of time with this man I love. I got to see some of his culinary skills and making dinner and dessert together was a fun time that I look forward to doing again in the future!