Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bible Journaling: 1 John 3:18

This is one of my favorite verses. 1 John 3:18 states: Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with action and in truth.


Saying you love something or someone is easy. Words are easy. They may not always seem that way because sometimes I feel myself without any words to say.

But words require no commitment to them. Words can be said and be gone like wind. But really it's action that shows love. It's in what you do and where time is spent and how it's spent. 

My goal is for the things that I do to show the love that I feel. That's words won't even be needed because I've put in time and effort to show love. 

And I want this in all things. I can show God love by doing the work he has asked me to do. I can show my family love by giving them my time and undivided attention. I can show others love by being kind. Always striving to be kind.

There are plenty of ways to let the world know who you love.

What ways do you show love without using words?