Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Signs

What is the best present to give your mom on Mother's Day?

Pictures of her grandchildren, of course!

This year for I wanted to make my mom and my mother in law some an awesome wooden sign that would include pictures of all the grandkids.

And they are pretty lucky ladies having so many of them. One has seven grandchildren and the other has eight.

But I wanted to to give it a twist.  It would be easy to make the signs with current pictures with kids ranging from new to 13 years old, but it would quickly become dated as the kids grew older, requiring the need to update the pictures regularly. So instead I opted to specifically use only baby pictures and label the signs "grandbabies".

And here are the results:



I had a ton of fun painting the wood and the words, and editing the pictures that were used. Michael even helped cutting and sanding the wood, adding nails and hangers to the backs.

What I love is that this sign is sturdy enough to sit on a shelf, like you see in the picture or can be hung on a wall since we added picture hangers to the back.

I think they turned out fabulous!