Friday, May 13, 2016

Bible Journaling: 1 Peter 5:7

This is a verse that I have to remind myself about a lot.

Because I am someone who holds on to everything. I carry it with me wherever I go. All those things that make me feel, especially the negative ones. Especially the ones that give me anxiety and bring me fear. I carry those ones. They are the hardest to let go of.



But then we have this letter from Peter. He is giving instructions on how to live. with caring for others and learning to submit to God and to others.

In 1 Peter 5:7 he states "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

It's a simple statement and reminder of God's love. He is a God that should be feared and respected. He could knock out the entirety of civilization with just one thought but instead He gave his son for my sins. And even on top of that he is willing to bear my burdens because he cares.

In his love he wants to free me of fear, and worry and the thoughts that ring through my mind that say that "I am not enough" and "I can't be loved".

He has proven over and over again that I am loved by him. God's actions have done nothing but show his love for those who are his. So I know that I can trust him with my fear. I can share it with him and he will still love me when the words are out. And then I don't have to hold on to it anymore because he is carrying it for me.

I'm going to leave you with a song.

It's one that I've been hearing a lot lately and I thinks it's beautiful. The video is long but I think this song is worth the listen.