Sunday, September 6, 2015

How Veggie Tales Ruined Church for Me

Well, that's really an exaggeration.

Veggie Tales didn't actually ruin church for me but what it did was ruin a specific phrase. If you have seen Jonah: The Veggie Tales Movie you may understand exactly what I am talking about.

The final song in the movie is Jonah was a Prophet and in this song they sing the phrase probably 4 bazillion times and every time they say "Jonah was a prophet" it is followed by an "ooh, ooh". And now, for the life of me, whenever the phrase "was a prophet" is uttered in church my mind sings "ooh, ooh".

There seems no stopping this madness! I am fully aware that this movie is 13 years old. That is how long that this has been a problem for me.

So I will be sitting in church, listening to the sermon, enjoying myself and then they will say:

Isaiah was a prophet....

my head then will sing "ooh,ooh"

or

Jeremiah was a prophet... ooh, ooh

Micah was a prophet... ooh, ooh

and on and on and on.

Do you know how many prophets there are? This can just go on forever. And then my head will be full of this song for the rest of the day.

And now I will share it with you so you can also enjoy it in your head too!