Friday, August 7, 2015

Where Have I Gone?

For the three people that actually read my blog they may be wondering what has happened to me over the last 6 months.

I've had periods on no posts before, but never for this extended amount of time.

My life, six months ago, took a completely unexpected turn. Everything has changed. Very few things look as they did then.

So, what happened?

That night still feels like a movie. My husband, Michael confessed to a six month long affair and left. I don't plan on getting into the nitty gritty details of it but I was devastated. I asked him to stay. I told him I loved him and he left.

A very dramatic ten days later he humbly came back, seeking forgiveness.

We've had a lot of work that we have gone through and that we are still going through but our marriage is gaining strength with every hurdle that we have had to leap over.

I would never wish the pain and sorrow on anyone. But we are surviving.

And through it all I cut back on a lot of things. My blog taking the first big hit. I avoided it. I wasn't ready to face writing somewhere that I talk I about our lives and having to tell of what a wreck we are.

But I am real. I have challenges that life has thrown at me that I have had to face. And I miss writing. I miss creating and sharing. I miss talking about what's going on, what I'm reading or cooking. I miss sharing my life.

I have isolated myself away. I've spent the last six months focusing on the work that it takes to heal my heart, my marriage and my family. God has been making huge strides for us.

And now it's time to reenter the world. I am strong enough to live my life. And I want to live and not hide. I have been learning who I am, who God is, and where my family belongs.

So, pray for us. As we continue to work and grow. I may share things from time to time but I am ready to write. I am ready to update and get back on to here. I've missed it more than I could've imagined.