Monday, August 10, 2015

Nothing Formed Against Me Shall Stand

 I have heard the song Whom Shall I Fear  by Chris Tomlin so many times.  It has been playing on the radio for years.

It was one of the first non preschool song that I remember MJ singing regularly.  He would sit in the car and sing about the God of angel armies. He was so little.

I've sang the words so many times but didn't really listen to the words.

This week it was different. As I stood there in church worshiping God I felt tears streaming down my cheeks as I sang:

"Nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in your hands
I'm holding on to your promises

You are faithful"

The last six months of my life have been blockades and obstacles and trouble. There are those who are against me. There are those who want nothing better than to see me fail or cause that failure. I am no fool to think that I am not under attack from my enemies; from the enemy.

But God's word is clear.

Isaiah 54:17 (ESV) states:

"no weapon fashioned against you shall succeed,
and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgement.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord
and their vindication from me, declares the Lord"

Nothing can stand up against me because I am God's. He bought me at the price of His Son and I am his. Weapons, whatever they are, may be made to be against me but the will not succeed in their task of tearing me down because God stands before me and behind me.  He has an entire army for my protection.

I needed to be reminded that I am protected and defended. He has promised me life in Him and that is what I am in trusting. It's not always easy. But I know who I can depend on. I know who is there with me, before me and behind me. I'm learning to trust him more and more. I know that he's got this. Whatever "this" may be as each day passes.