Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Fit in my Wedding Dress!

It's not a surprise to say that 2015 has been a rough year. There has been a lot that has happened, a lot of pain and sadness. But there have been victories as well.

Since the beginning of the year I have lost 35 lbs. This is exciting because I have been hanging out at the same weight since having Anya. But finally this year I have managed to take some of the weight off.

This last week we cleaned out our closet and tucked in the back was my wedding dress and I got the urge to try to put it on and it slipped on easily.

This first picture is of me on my wedding day over 10 years ago.


And this next one is from last week. After a 35 lb weight loss. Back in my wedding dress!



Yes, I'm standing in my closet. I don't care that my body is not perfect and I know that I still have more to lose to be healthier but it felt so good to put on that dress. I've never even dreamed of wearing it again... of being able to fit in it again. I really thought it was going to sit in my closet forever tucked in the back and forgotten.

Here is a six month difference in my face from losing the weight. I really didn't realize how round my cheeks were before.


It's the small victories that help to get through the rough spots.