Monday, January 26, 2015

Book Review: The Blood of Olympus

And it's over. The Blood of Olympus is the final installment of The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan.

I'm a little sad that it is over. I've been reading through since I discovered Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I love the adventures of the books and after I read each one I listen to the audiobook with my kids.

They love listening to books when we are in the car or cleaning the  house. Especially Sidda.

The Blood of Olympus does not disappoint.

The seven demigods of the prophecy are heading to Athens. They are on their way to stop the ritual that will bring Gaea back to life.

But not without a few hiccups along the way. They must face psyco gods and battles that will make them face their own fears and even their own mortality.

Across the Altantic, Nico, Reyna and Coach Hedge are making their way back to Camp Half-Blood with the Athena Parthenos. They are hoping to make it back before the Roman demigods start attacking the Greek demigods. Their only hope is to make it in time and unite the two camps against the rising earth mother.

I loved reading every minute of this book. And I look forward to letting the kids enjoy this final installment.