Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Goals

As I looked over my goals I set for myself last year I realized how much I really didn't accomplish.  I was able to complete 13 of the 32 items on that list.  I am super excited for the things that I did accomplish.  I really failed in the areas of losing weight and creativity.

I started the year off with good intentions. I ran every day for 100 days.  I was good with drinking my water. I tracked my steps. But with all of that I wasn't staying on top of my diet and so no weight was lost.  I did not gain but none was lost at all.  What a downer. A lot of my exercise stopped completely after Michael's grandfather passed away. Life just changed and it was hard to get a routine back together.

So it really seems that for the last half of 2014 I really didn't accomplish anything.

But that's not completely true. It just wasn't the goals that I had even considered.

A couple of months ago I started crocheting for the first time in at least 10 years. I never really liked it when I was younger. But as I've been starting to get into it again I really feel I have a knack for it.  I love when I get to be creative and this is a way I can do it.  I was ecstatic! I love that I can make things for my friends and family.

Also, funnily enough, my husband and our kids church helped me accomplish a back of my mind goal and I have finally memorized all the books of the Bible in order.  Sidda, MJ and I all learned them together.  I can now get through those minor prophets with ease!  Woo-hoo!

So now for this year. It's time to accomplish some new goals.  Renew some old goals and change my way of thinking on how to accomplish them.



  1. Write at least one blog post a week in 2015
  2. Read 12 books.
  3. Read 24 books.
  4. Crochet a blanket
  5. Sell one crocheted item.
  6. Drink 100 oz of water in one day.
  7. Drink 100 oz of water a day for 7 days
  8. Drink 100 oz of water a day for 30 days
  9. Run 1 mile without stopping.
  10. Lose 10 lbs.
  11. Lose 24 lbs.
  12. Lose 36 lbs.
  13. Go down on dress size.
  14. Potty train Anya
  15. Go on 6 out of the house, kid free dates with Michael.
  16. Have weekly in home dates with Michael
  17. Try a new food
  18. Try a new recipe
  19. Start a vegetable garden.
  20. Play an RPG video game.
There we have it.  I have less goals this year than last year, I want this year to be a success.  I'm ready to start.  I'll start small at expand on my goals as needed. It's time for new. It's time for change in some areas and more focus in others. I'm looking forward to 2015 being a great year!