Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Book Review: Artistic License

While perusing my local library last week I picked up a copy of Artistic License by Katie Fforde.  This is the first book that I have ever read by this author and I really enjoyed it.

It did start out slowly but by the middle I really wanted to know what was going to happen so I pressed on and really loved it.

Thea is 35 years old and really just going through the motions of life.  She runs student housing out of her home and though she doesn't mind it, she really wants something more.

Things change quickly when her friend Molly invites her on an artists tour in France.  Thea meets Rory, an aspiring painter, and runs off to Ireland with him.  She sees his painting and decides that she will open an art gallery to show the world Rory's work.
Of course, not everything is as it seems and is not a simple as you make think it should be.  There is confusion and misunderstandings and falling in love.

This novel was more than I expected.  I was fast and fun and I'm glad I got a hold of it.