Monday, April 21, 2014

100 Days

It's been so long since I've sat down to write out a blog.  It's been almost a month.  It has really gone by so fast.  We've done so much and have been so busy that there is a so much to catch up on.  But we will take it all one post at a time.

But today I'm going to take a minute to brag on myself.  Let's talk about what has been going on with me for the last 100 days.

Every single day for the last 100 days I have ran/walked/jogged.  When I started back in January I could barley run for 30 seconds and I would typically quit after 1/2 mile.

The very first time I put myself on the treadmill and tried to run/jog I went at over 23 minute per mile pace.  Holy cow, it was slow and so hard for me to do.  Today was my 100th time going and today I ran 1.88 miles in 31 minutes and 39 seconds.  With an average pace of 16:50 minute mile.

I've cut my mile time by over 6 minutes!  To me that is incredible.  Oh, and let me add that in the last 100 days I have ran over 86 miles!  Can you believe it?!

I have never really enjoyed running or walking for long periods of time unless I have a set destination to where I am going.  But I like it more now than I ever have.  And I plan to keep on going with one change.  I will be taking Sundays off every week for a recovery day so my body can rest.

This is my first step in getting healthier.  I just need my eating habits now to catch up with my new physical activity so I can start really dropping the weight that I've been fighting with for years.


And here I am after one of my runs.  I'm sweaty and hot but I felt so good at what I had accomplished.  Go me!

Do you set goals for yourself and get excited when you accomplish them?  Do you reward yourself?