Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Color Run

I was able to cross one of my goals for 2014 off of my list!  I completed my first 5K!  Woot-woot!

I was pretty stoked!

The week before the race I had been losing motivation in my daily runs.  I wasn't pushing myself really anymore.  I was getting on the treadmill each day but I was doing the bare minimum in my mind.  A quick half mile and I was off.  That mean I was only on the treadmill for 7-9 minutes depending on my laziness for the day.  So I knew that I was not going to be running very much if at all.

My only goal was to finish it in under an hour.

Which I did!  I rocked it!  We finished the race in 55 minutes.  In my time on the treadmill I haven't even come close to 3.1 miles so I was happy that I was able to do it.

I walked it with Michael, my mom and my step-dad and poor them.  I'm shortest one in the group so my stride isn't very long so they had to slow down so I could keep up while speed walking.  Especially Michael. I take 3 steps for his 1 step.  But he was great and stuck with me the whole time.  He could've ran off and finished the race in almost half the time, but I really liked that we stuck together!

Next year we are going to have the kids because The Color Run was just that awesome!

He's handsome!

The sun was very bright and I forgot my sunglasses.

Before ( I borrowed Mom's sunglasses because I couldn't open my eyes.

Mom and Chris before

After.

After