Monday, January 13, 2014

Some Goals Completed

Woo-hoo!  I've started to make some progress on my goals.  I have not completed one but TWO of my goals for the year.  It feels so good to be able to cross some things off of my list.

I think making small goals first is really going to keep me motivated for the year.

The first one I completed was I ran for a whole minute without stopping!  This is super exciting for me.  I HATE running so much.

I got on my treadmill last night because I knew I could do this. I really just needed to make the effort.  I know that so much of it is a mental game.  I can't watch the time while I run because it makes it feel like it's so much longer than it is.

So, I walked a little to warm up and then looked at the time.  When I started running I covered the time so I wouldn't be watching the seconds tick.  It makes it so hard when I do that.  I figured the best way to go was to not really know.  And when I stopped... I was 3 seconds short of a minute.

Can you believe that?!  Three seconds.  I almost wanted to lie and say that I did it.  What does 3 seconds really matter?

Well, it matters A LOT to me.  I would know that I didn't really do it.  And that wouldn't get me any closer to my other running goals.  So I sucked it up and ran again.  And this time I went 1 minute and 8 seconds.

I was proud.  I ran for a whole minute without stopping!  Now it motivates me to get working on two minutes!

I also drank 100oz of water yesterday!  Yes!  Way to go me.

You can follow my goals here.

And just a little something to leave you with.  This was my breakfast this morning!  It was amazing!


Over easy egg, a slice of toast and half an avocado.  It was delicious and around 300 calories.

Anya did steal some of my avocado.  She's lucky I love her.  I don't usually share when it comes to avocado yumminess.