Friday, January 10, 2014

Five Minute Friday: See

Five Minute Friday


Sometimes I have trouble with the things that I see...

Let me explain.  It starts first thing in the morning and I start noticing things.  I see the laundry that needs to get done.  The dishes in the sink.  The tub that needs to be scrubbed.  The trash that needs to be taken out.  The legos that litter the floor.  One thing after another. That's what I see.

 And it can drive me crazy.

  I'll start getting into a mind set of all the things that need to be done.  I think that my focus should be on getting the cleaning and the cooking done.

But.... that's not what happens.

When my family starts to wake up my sight changes.

I see Anya smile when she sees me for the first time in the morning.  She is so excited to SEE me.  Just because I am her mama.

I see MJ climb into our bed as he does every morning.  Because when he firsts wakes up the only place he wants to be is with us.

I see Sidda join us when she rolls out of bed.  She rubs her eyes, smiles and waves.

I see Michael play with our kids in our bed each morning.

Our family gathers naturally together to begin our day.

The chores can wait until later in the day.  They will always be there. My family will only be like this for so long.  These are the mornings that I want.  This is how I want to wake up to greet the world.