Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book Review: The Walking Dead- Compendium One

Michael finally got me to start watching The Walking Dead with him.  The show is interesting and dramatic.  It has you hooked the minute you begin watching.

Well, since we've been watching it I decided to get Michael the comic for Christmas.  But instead of buying each one individually I went ahead and got The Walking Dead: Compendium One. It has issues 1-48 of the comic in it.

Michael sped through it and almost didn't put it down.  I can't remember the last time he read something so fast.  So I thought that I would give it a read.....

And let me tell you.....
source

I couldn't put it down either.  It just sucks you in.  There are some parts that I absolutely HATED seeing.  There are somethings I could have gone my whole life without ever thinking about.  But at the same time it was just fascinating.

Personally, I like the TV show better.  It's way mild in comparison to the comic.  Much more my speed.  But if you enjoy the show and want to get a taste of the original, pick it up and give it a shot.

Be warned, it is GRAPHIC and INTENSE.  And do not bother getting attached to anyone.  No one is safe.  Even if you've seen the show.... even if you think you know... don't get to like ANYONE.  You'll thank me for it.