Saturday, November 16, 2013

What's for Dinner?: Veggie Pizza My Way

One of my favorite things to do with Sidda is to make homemade pizza.  She loves helping with sauce and the toppings.  I love making a delicious pizza crust that my whole family likes.

We always make 3 pizzas whenever we have pizza night.  A cheese for Sidda and Anya, a pepperoni for MJ and a third one for Michael and me that's not so basic.  Lately, we have been making veggie pizza.  This is more than your average peppers, mushrooms and onions pizza.  It's so much for and I love it!

I put a little oil in a pan and saute some stir-fry frozen veggies.  In the bag there are green beans, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, celery and red peppers.  Then I added some frozen pearl onions (these are super tasty!).  And finally I added some spinach.  I let it saute until the veggies were crisp.

On the pizza crust I put some marinara sauce, then the sauteed veggies followed by some pizza cheese.  We put the veggies under the cheese because it helps keep them from following off while eating it.  Put in a 500 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is crisp.  This time we added a couple of pepperonis to the tops too.

Don't let the picture deceive you.  The veggies are under the cheese!