Friday, November 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Tree

Everyone I know thinks that we are crazy!  Our Christmas tree is already up.  Our decorations are all over the house.
Why?
Well, I love Christmas!  There is such a great joy that come with waking up in the morning and walking into the living room and seeing that tree standing there.  I also love seeing it when I walk into the house after being gone all day.  It's a reminder to me.  It reminds me of why we celebrate Christmas.  The love of Jesus and all that he has done for us.
Five Minute Friday
My kids look forward each year to Veterans Day.  That's when we decorate and they know it too. We chose that day because we know that Michael will be off from work and we will have time to take care of it.  We can spend the whole day as a family decorating the house and the tree and having a great time.
The weirdest part of it all?  We watch Harry Potter while we decorate.  It has become our tradition.  We love the movies but only really watch them around this time of year.  We save it up and it gives us something to look forward too.
We are never much for being normal I guess. 
What are your Christmas traditions that other people might think are weird?