Thursday, November 14, 2013

Book Review: The Bride Wore Size 12

It's another installment of the Heather Wells series.  The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot reminded me a lot of the third book in the series Big Boned.  I really feel like Cabot just phoned it in to try to round out the series.

The was a super slow read for me.  I had a really hard time getting into it.  Which is sad because I really enjoy her books usually.  But they just haven't been doing it for me.  It seems like the whole book is the very slow build up with literally nothing happening and then boom it ends.  It was not my favorite, that's for sure.

Heather Wells is planning her wedding to Cooper.  They are excited to get things going.  But Heather is soon distracted by her mother showing up unexpectedly after being gone for the past decade.  Oh and there is another death at the dorm she works at.  Classes haven't even started for the semester and people are already dying.

So what's a girl to do?  Solve the crime, obviously.  While being super nosy and getting into everyone else's business.  Heather just can't help herself.  She has to know who is murdering her students.

I really had high hopes, but it just didn't deliver.