Thursday, November 21, 2013

9 More Shopping Days

Yup, it's that time of year.  There is only 9 more shopping days until my birthday.  This year I will be the big 3-1.  Thirty-one.  Can you believe that?  I can no longer pretend I am just out of my twenties.  I am now a whole year into my thirties.

Where did the time go?

Do you remember when you were in high school and the years crept by so slowly?  I remember feeling like I was  never going to drive, never going to graduate, never become an adult.  And now... now I am in my thirties and the years seem to be flying by me.

I won't even get started on how fast my kids are growing up... (it's just too fast).

So what do I want for my birthday?  Michael has been asking me this for the last few weeks.  I haven't really been able to answer.  I just haven't known.  So I've thought long and hard.  If money and time were not an issue these are the things I would want for my birthday.

A Shopping Spree.
source

Yes I'm a girl.  I like clothes and I need new ones.  I want fancy schmany make me feel pretty clothes that I actually want to put on.  I'm getting tired of the same old look and would love something new.  I just wish I knew what it was.

A Serger
source

I like to sew.  I don't have as much time for it as I would like... but still.  I would love to have a serger.  It would make sewing more fun and sometimes easier.

Lemon Tree

source
There are lemon trees that you can grow in containers.  In your house.  They are awesome and I super want one.  I think it's beautiful and convenient.  I never seem to have lemons when I need one for cooking.  If I had a lemon tree I would have all the lemons I would ever need and still have some to share.

A Keurig

source

I drink only one cup of coffee a day.  This would be perfect.  One cup brewed just for me.  Close the lid and press the button.  That is my kind of machine.

Side Cross Necklace
source
I love these necklaces.  I just think that they are so pretty.

A Vacation

source
I want an awesome vacation.  I want to travel and have fun.  I could go to a theme park or to the beach.  I would be ok for traveling far away too.  I would love to take a long vacation and see parts of the world I've never been.

A Super Fat Cat
source
I am fully aware that I already have a full house.  3 kids, 3 cats, 2 dogs and a husband already keeps me pretty busy.  But man, I want a super fat cat.  I always have.  They look so squishy and content.  There is just something about a cat that is the size of a small human that just makes me smile.


In all seriousness.  For my birthday I just want to spend time with the people I love that like having me around.  I like to keep things simple and easy.