Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book Review: Size 12 and Ready to Rock

Most of the time I find Meg Cabot's books highly entertaining.  She has a way of making me want to continue on with the story, even when I'm not very interested.

Yesterday I finished reading Size 12 and Ready to Rock.  It's the 4th installment of the Heather Wells Mystery Series.  It's been over 2 years since I read the previous books and I honestly barely remember what happened in them.  But I was excited to take some time to read the latest book.

Heather seems to finally be getting what she wants.  She is engaged to the man she loves and has a job that she loves and is starting to go back to school.  All is good.  Until her superstar ex boyfriend's wife Tania Trace decides to hold her Rock Camp at the university and in the dorms that Heather manages.  Heather has no desire to spend two weeks catering to 50 teenage girls and their mothers as they compete for a record contract.  But then people start getting attacked.  Someone dies and Tania is breaking down.  Everyone seems to be leaning on Heather to take care of the problems.  What can she do?

I was into the book over a hundred pages before I felt the story really started moving.  It seemed that it wouldn't pick up the pace.  But once the pace did pick up I enjoyed it quite a bit.  It's not my favorite Meg Cabot book but it wasn't terrible.  I can't say that I would read it again but I wouldn't mind reading the next book in the series that is scheduled to come out sometime this year.