Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Book Review: Another Piece of My Heart

I honestly don't know how I ended up finishing this book when I've put so many down at a half way point that were far more interesting.

Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green should have been a lot better than it was.  I have read many books by Green and I was just disappointed in this one.

We start with Andi.  Andi is in her early 40s and is married to Ethan.  Ethan has two daughters from a previous marriage.  They have been married for a couple of years now.  The biggest problem?  Emily.  Emily is Ethan's oldest daughter.  She is 17 years old and a trouble maker.  She fights constantly at Andi throwing temper tantrums to get her fathers attention.  Which he give.  Every. Single. Time.

Andi is fed up.  With as much as she loves her husband she is ready to walk out the door.  She has a step-daughter that hates her and a husband who will not stand up to her.  She is also not given the one thing she has always desired... A baby of her own.

It seemed like it should of been a decent enough of a story but I just found the characters unbelievable.  I couldn't connect like I have in the past with her books.  I found this story predictable and quite boring.  I really can't recommend it.