Thursday, August 29, 2013

150 Days of Psalms: Psalm 51


You can read Psalm 51 here.

I think we have all been in this place.  I know I have.  I have been in places that I have been so lost in my own shame.  I sit there is sadness and miss out on so much of the joy that life has.  I don't want to miss these things.  I want to be happy in life!   And when I wallow in my own sin there is only one way out.  Jesus.  He is my only way.  God doesn't have a need for sacrifices or offerings.  He doesn't ask me to do anything.  I don't have to get out of my pajamas on those bad days.  I don't have to go out and search for him.  He is not lost.  I am.  But I can come to him just as I am, broken and in need.  Because God knows that I need him.  Even when I forget sometimes, he knows.  And when I come to him he makes me clean.  He takes my heart and gives me what I always need.  His forgiveness and love.  I am so grateful for this love.  Jesus is just absolutely amazing.