Friday, August 23, 2013

150 Days of Psalms: Psalm 45


You can read Psalm 45 here.

The note at the beginning says that this is a wedding song so I must assume that it is written to celebrate two that are coming together in marriage.  The writer is excited to be apart.  He praises the groom saying how cool he is and how God has blessed him.  His new wife will also be a blessing.  His wife is beautiful and she will give herself to her husband.

This is a perfect example to me why I don't get along with Psalms.  I  just don't get it.  I don't understand what this has to do with anything.  After reading through it a few times I just can't seem to get it to penetrate my brain.  I don't feel anything when I read this.  I don't see anything to think about when I'm finished.  Maybe someone could explain it to me to make it more clear?  Let me know your thoughts.