Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankfulness (Part 1)

It's November and that's the month to be thankful.  At least it's the month that people set a part some time to tell others what they are thankful for.  And being the lazy type of person I am,  instead of trying to keep up with it everyday on facebook, I figured that I would make my very own list (in 3 parts) of the things that I am thankful for.
So here it is:

Jessica's Thankful List
1.  First and foremost I am thankful for God.  Jesus is my savior.  He has saved me from myself a million times over and has blessed me overwhelmingly.  I know that it is nothing that I do, but all him for the rest of the things that I am thankful for.  And whenever I am feeling down and frustrated I try to remember the things he has done in my life and His Word that he has given me for encouragement and instruction.


2.  I am thankful for my husband Michael.  What I would do without him I don't know.  We've been together for 12 years and married for 7.  I wouldn't change a single thing.  Every single step we've made together and made us closer.  I love him more today than I did when we got married.  He does something every single day that make me love him more.  No one can make me laugh like he does or comfort me like he does.  Michael is everything that I could ask for in a man.

How can you not love that face?

3.  I am thankful for Sidda.  What a wonderful, loving girl I have in Sidda.  She is beautiful and smart and loves to be silly.  I can't remember life before her.  She was the first time I fell in love before even seeing.

She really was an amazingly pretty baby.

4.  I am thankful for MJ.  Oh, my little Michael John.  He is my challenge.  He is that child who gets into trouble then make you laugh.  He makes me smile each and every day.  He changed my life, going from one child to two.  He is always so excited about everything.

Always wants to wear Mrs. Veronica's hat!

5.  I am thankful for Anya.  She is still growing inside me, but I am thankful for every second that she is here. The heartburn and headaches and soreness are worth it.  She is important to our family and we are so excited that in February we'll get to meet her face to face.

6.  I am thankful that I am able to stay home instead working outside of it.  Because of this I am able to be with Sidda and MJ everyday.  Sidda is schooled at home and MJ gets to learn a lot by being apart of her lessons each day.  I get to see what they can really do and who they really are.  I get to be apart of their everyday and they absolutely amaze me.

7.  I am thankful for all my family.  I am so lucky to have both my parents, Michael's parents, Michael's grandparents, my brother and his family, Michael's sister and her family all living within in driving distance.  Most with in a five minute drive.  I love that I get to spend time with each and everyone of these people every single week.  Growing up we never spent much time with extended family and I'm not that close to any of those relatives.  I am so happy that my kids get the opportunity to be with the people I love all the time and form real relationships with them.

8.  I am thankful for Sabrina.  Sabrina is Michael's sister.  She is awesome.  She is my best friend.  I never thought that we would become close, but over time our friendship has developed and we enjoy the time we get to spend together.  I would be so sad if she wasn't a part of my life.

9.  I am thankful for our pets.  We have 3 cats: Midnight (7), Tucker (7), Sniper (5) and two dogs Anna (3) and Molly (3).  Sometimes they drive me crazy, but usually they offer the most entertainment for my day.  It's crazy to me to the different personalities they all have.  Even the dogs because they're twins.  Each one is so unique.

10.  I am thankful for facebook.  I know it sounds crazy, but I am so grateful to have facebook because it has helped to reach out to all those extended family that I didn't really get to know when I was younger.  I'm getting to know them now as an adult, and have even gotten to spend actual time with some of them.  I love it!

So there is my first ten and I will be back soon for part 2 of my thankfulness list.