Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Movie Review: Here Comes the Boom

 Oh, wow.  We went to the movies last night.  We took the kids to the drive-in to see Hotel Transylvania and the following movie was Here Comes the Boom.  I don't know what it is about him, but Kevin James is hilarious!  I love his movies.  I honestly can't think of one that I didn't like.  I even loved Paul Blart Mall Cop.  I know it's crazy.

But back to Here Comes the Boom.  Kevin James plays Scott who is a high school biology teacher who has given up.  He feels like he is handcuffed by the school system and no longer makes an effort for the school or the kids.  He just really doesn't care.  Until the school is ready to shut down the music department. He wants to help his fellow teacher keep his job, but has to raise $48,000 to do so.  So he starts taking side jobs and working at night.  Making a little here and a little there.  Then he hears that UFC pays the $10,000 to the losing fighter.  So he starts training in MMA.  I mean who wouldn't lose a fight for ten grand?

I recommend it.  Both Sidda and MJ fell asleep and missed the movie, but I would've been perfectly ok with them seeing it.  It has a good story and a lot of laughs.  The language is mild and even the fighting isn't graphic.  I was happy that we stayed to watch it.