Friday, April 20, 2012

What's for Dinner? Roast Beef Sandwiches

I haven't made roast beef for sandwiches in forever!  But I knew that last night I needed something easy to make that I wouldn't have to worry about.  I knew that we wouldn't be home until after 6pm because Sidda was in her first school play last night!  It was so much fun to watch and I loved every  moment of it!

So back to dinner, roast beef.  This is something I make in the crock pot, and its made similar to how you would make a pot roast, but I don't really like pot roast in the crock pot.  I personally cannot stand mushy carrots and the potatoes never seem to come out quite right.  But the meat cooking by itself always turns out great!

In the pot I put 2 cans of cream of mushroom, a 2.5lb beef round and topped it off with onion dip mix.  Make sure to turn the round to coat in the cream of mushroom.  Then cover, set to low and cook for 8-10 hours.

When it's done all you will need to do is shred to beef with two forks, and stir in the gravy that the soup created.  The beef will soak it right up.





Then you put the roast beef on a bun and enjoy!  Put any fixins on that you might like.  Tastes great and super easy!