Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Review: White

White by Ted Dekker is the final book in the Circle trilogy.  I reviewed the previous two books.  You can read my review of Red by clicking here and my review of Black by clicking here.
White (Books of History Chronicles: The Circle, #3)
So, what can I say?  I pretty much had to force myself to finish this book.  It got long winded and I really started losing interest from the word "go."  I really had high hopes for this book because I enjoyed the first two.  I just think that with every step and choice that was made by Thomas Hunter that the story stopped making sense.  The premise of the books was very interesting, but I really feel that the story was really lost in the last book.  I understand the Christian undertones and that much of the story was about Christ's love for us.  I get it, I really do, but I think in the effort that Dekker made to get this point he lost the passion of his main character.  I felt that the decisions that were made were not true to the man that he had developed throughout the first two books.

Here's the biggest problem I have right now.  As I was looking up info about this trilogy I have discovered that there are two separate series of books that go along with this story and a supposed to add to it and make it all understandable and then as well as a final book written years after this trilogy was completed, Green.  Between the the others series and this final book (that's not a conclusion, but just an extra to the series now) it would be another eight books to read.  I just don't think that I have it in me to push myself through eight more after having to force myself to get through this one.  Maybe I'll come back to it in a couple of years, but my interest is gone.  Even if they were extraordinary books I don't think I would like them because I am burnt out.  I guess we'll just have to see.