Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book Review: I've Got Your Number

After the last few books I read I was really excited to get back to some easy chick lit awesomeness. And in my opinion, no one does chick lit awesomeness better than Sophie Kinsella. Her latest book I've Got Your Number doesn't disappoint.

I've Got Your Number: A Novel

Our story begins with Poppy, well it's all about Poppy really, and she loses her engagement ring, and then almost immediately her phone is stolen.  But as luck would have it she soon finds a phone that has been abandoned, left in the trash in perfectly working condition.  Poppy only needs it until she finds her engagement ring since she has now given everyone the number to the phone.  But the phone belongs to Sam, and he has agreed to let Poppy use the phone as long as she forwards every text and email that comes to him on the phone.  But before forwarding everything Poppy has began reading all his messages that were coming in and she decided to help in along the way by answering a few on his behalf.

The book is funny.  And it sucks you in completely.  I read it in less than a day.  Not surprising for me usually, but I was thinking that because of the last series that I had read that I wasn't enjoying reading as much as I used to.  I was wrong.  I love to read.  I love to get sucked into a story that makes me laugh, lets me figure things out and keeps me completely entertained.  Sophie Kinsella delivers all these things and more.  I can't wait to read more of her books as she releases them.  She is truly talented at telling a put together entertaining hilarious story.  I recommend to anyone who enjoys laughing.