Saturday, February 11, 2012

Spray Painted Sign

I've had this idea for a sign that I wanted to make for Michael's office for awhile.  I wanted it to be bright and kid friendly but I also only wanted to use materials that I had on hand to make it so I didn't have to venture to the store.


So I found an old frame in the garage and use a staple gun to tightly attache fabric to the frame.  After that since I do not have a cricut machine or a vinyl cutter I made a cut all the letters by hand and used spray adhesive to hold the letters to the sign.

This is what it looked like before I started painting it.  The words are part of the lyrics from Michael's favorite worship song Did you feel the Mountains Tremble? 

As for paint all I had on hand were yellow and orange spray paint.  I wasn't too patient when adding the paint and the spray adhesive didn't hold like I thought it would making it difficult to do more than one coat of paint. so in the end this is what it ended up looking like.

Now, it's not bright like I wanted or how I pictured it in my head, and it won't be hanging in Michael's office but I still like the way it turned out.  For a first time go around I am ok with how it looks.  I kind of dig that darkness of it and will be finding a place to hang it in my home where I can appreciate it.