Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Well, today is the first day of the new year and there are many things that are going through my mind about how I desire for this year to turn out.  The first thing that comes to mind is to be a healthier version of myself as well as an example of healthiness to my family.  This is something that I want for everyday for the rest of my life.  I want to be healthy.  I see the the things that happen to many people who are overweight and some issues that they have to deal with, but even issues with people who are not overweight but are just generally unhealthy.  I want to know that my body is in it for the long haul, my mind is, I just want my body to be right there with me.

I want to get back to school.  This is something I am currently working on.  I've applied for financial aid and am finishing up some paperwork and then it's just waiting to know if I qualify and for how much and then I am finally on my way to finishing up an Associates in English and then to quickly move on the a Bachelors Degree.

I love to read.  This is no secret to anyone who knows me well.  I love to curl up with a cup of coffee and a good book and I am good to go.  It is how I relax and recharge.  For 2011 I had a goal of 75 books and actually went over my goal and was able to read 82 books but 37 of those books were books that I had read before.  Again, for 2012 I will have a goal of 75 books but this time around I want to not read so many books that I have read before.  I will end up re-reading a few books I'm sure but I want to challenge myself to read books that are new to me and maybe even stepping out of my comfort zone of genres and try something different.  I keep track of my books that I read on Goodreads.com.  If you have any book recommendations I would be happy to know them.

This year I want to finish reading through the Bible.  I have gotten myself stuck in Psalms.  This book is very hard for me to get through and its the one that causes me the most trouble whenever I am reading my Bible.  I don't know why I don't connect to Psalms as many other people do, but that is a different subject for a different blog.  But as well as having my own personal devotional time, my sister in law Sabrina and I both have the same memory verse book and are going to work together through this year to memorize one verse a week.  I'm excited for the accountability that it offers me and keeping me on track.  Michael and I will also be changing up the way that we do out devotionals by going chapter by chapter and getting more in depth and working together on what we read about as well as what we would want to teach Sidda and MJ about it.

It seems like a lot of things to do this year, but I am up for the challenge.  It's all about setting myself up to succeed as well and keeping my priorities in check.  It's making time to do these things each day and not pushing them off to the next one, because it quickly become the day after and so on and soon it's 2013 and I've accomplished nothing.  I don't want that to be me.