Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review: The Son of Neptune

I have to say that I did enjoy reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, but I am digging this second series even more.  The Heroes of Olympus way more exciting and more of a page turner.  I just finished reading The Son of Neptune and I was happy to see the return of Percy Jackson, since he was mentioned but missing in the first installment.  He is a great character in my opinion.  He is loyal and brave- thing you want in a hero.

It's been awesome getting to know some of the gods in their Roman form.  It did take me a while to get used to them this way and using them with their Roman names instead of Greek; since I'm more familiar with the Greek gods.  I even ran a across a couple of gods that I had never heard of before.

I also have a copy of the first book in this series on audiobook and plan on listening to it with kids like I did with the Percy Jackson series.  Sidda and MJ loved hearing about Percy Jackson's adventures and I am excited to add more for them to experience.