Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book Review: Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie is the second book in the Matched Trilogy.  In the first installment you follow Cassia who is being Matched.  Her match is her best friend Xander who she has known all her life.  But life quickly changed for Cassia when Society tells her she is also matched to Ky.  The first book is an interesting concept.  I'm not a huge fan of distopian stories but the first one held my interest enough to continue on to the sequel.

So, Crossed is what happens after Cassia chooses to love Ky and he is sent away from Society and her journey to find him and the Rising.  Though she loves Ky she still has a strong pull to Xander.  I've read many reviews that said that they felt like the story never truly progressed but I couldn't disagree more.  I thought this book had so much more going on in it than the previous one.  I love stories that give good background and help explain why people are the way that they are.  I feel like I now understand more of the story.  I also liked that I was able to hear much of the story from Ky's perspective.  He is no longer such a mystery.

I am now looking forward to the final book coming out later this year to see how this ends and what will happen to Society.