Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Secret of NIMH


Do you remember The Secret of NIMH? I have to say that this was truly one of my favorite cartoons growing up. I really couldn't tell you why I was so drawn to a cartoon movie about a mouse, some hyper intelligent rats, a crow and cat. But this movie is magical.

Last night as we were sitting down to try and decide what to watch together as a family we came across this on Netflix and immediately Michael and I were ready to watch. More so than Sidda and MJ were. This was a movie of our childhood and we wanted to share it with our children. And watching it last night, it was as good as I remember.

There are so many movies and TV shows that you remember as a kid only to view them as an adult and see how truly terrible they were. The Secret of NIMH is not one of those movies. I loved watching it again. It was brilliant!