Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bagels


Sometimes I impress myself... I know, I know, I impress you so much of the time that you are surprised that I am really am as awesome as I am.

But today I decided to experiment a little. A few months ago I learned how to make the most basic of bagel, which made me so excited, because I love bagels but I never buy them because I am cheap and pretty much only can buy what I need. Also, whenever I tend to buy them, we never eat them but whenever I make them, it's almost impossible to keep them in the house. So today, I expanded. I tried my hand at cinnamon raisin bagels.

I took my basic bagel recipe, added raisins, cinnamon, some brown sugar and a little extra flour to my mixture before raising the dough. They turned out pretty good for my first shot. I tried one after it cooled from the oven with a little butter and I loved it. I can't wait to try one toasted.