Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bountiful Baskets


I should have written about this almost two weeks ago, but we have started ordering our produce through Bountiful Baskets Co-Op. and I must say... I love it!

We payed $15 and received enough produce to last our family of 4 two weeks and the included making a huge fruit salad that I took over to my moms house for everyone to enjoy (made only from the fruit I received from BB).

This is what we received on our first pick up:

Romaine Lettuce
Kale
English Cucumber
Cauliflower
6 Bananas
Canary Melon (this was delicious)
broccoli
Green Onions
5 red pears
5 Nectarines
12 plums
3 tomatoes
6 oz blackberries

I loved this because it got us out of our, apples, bananas, grapes, green beans and corn routine that we have been stuck in. I don't have to think about what to pick out at the grocery store. They choose it for me, I just go pick it up. It forces us to try new things and helps me experiment while cooking. I can't wait to see what I get at this Saturday's pick up!