Thursday, May 12, 2011

It Began Early

Today I think I am in a bad mood. The kids have been in trouble already most of the morning and my patience is on a very low threshold. I don't know if I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or what is wrong with me today.

It might be that this is Michael's first week with a new schedule and today is normally his day off. Now it has been switched to Mondays. Monday was great to spend time together but now the week feels very long. Hopefully I'll get used to this very soon.

Maybe not though. It could be that my kids are making many bad choices this morning and driving me crazy. Mainly MJ. He is being as stubborn and defiant as ever. He has not listened, has thrown rocks at his sister, chased the dogs with a stick saying he needed to hit them and then tryed to hit Sidda with a hose.

I feel stuck and trapped today. I feel like nothing I do is making any difference to my kids. I know that these things are not true, it's just how it feels right now.

I think that it can only get better from here, right? I have my coffee, lunch time is a little over an hour and then its nap time. I only need to make it through the next hour and a half. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. This is my mantra right now.