Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Review: Search for Senna


Search for Senna by Katherine Applegate was slightly disappointing. I've read other books by her in the past and felt that this one really fell short.

Search for Senna is about David. David likes Senna. They are in high school together but there is something different about her. Something that is not right. One night David sees Senna at the end of a pier at the same time that as three other friends happen to be coming around, one Senna's sister, another her ex boyfriend.

As they all watch Senna the world shifts and they are transported to Everworld. This is the new dimension that the Gods of our world created as they left us. This is where the Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Norse Gods went to. It seems though that the story mainly focuses on the Norse Gods, and though we never see him, Thor is mentioned a few times.

I've never taken so long in my life to read a book. It didn't get even a little interesting until the last 30 pages or so and then the book abruptly cuts off. I knew going into it that it was a part of a series. Applegate's book always are, but I did hope for some kind of mini-conclusion to what was going on. There was no conclusion just a pause in waiting for the next book. I do not know if I really want to move on to the next in the series. If I do it is a commitment to read all 12 books in the series. I don't think I'm really interested enough in the story to read it all. Maybe one day, if I really have nothing else to read I will pick up next installment. But somehow, I doubt it.